Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Q: I bought 34 switches with Smartnet. How do I get the Smartnet tied to my CCO ID?

A:
Here's the way it worked on my recent Cisco switch purchase. I bought 8x5xNBD Smartnet on all 34 of the switches in the order. There were three different types of switches. It was then up to the vendor to notify Cisco. I had to remind them to do this for me. At the same time, and separately, I opened a case with Cisco customer support informing them of the situation, giving them the vendor name and order number, and asking them to help me get the contract info tied to my CCO account. This enabled Cisco to contact me once they had received the info from the vendor and created my entitlement. I then had to reply by email to the Cisco person working the case and give them my CCO ID and the IDs of all others at my company so that we could all access CCO based on the contract entitlement. Cisco promised to add the contract to all our IDs once I did that.